Followers

Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Two Knights Review by Sir Julius on Can We Play Again? By Corine Dehghanpisheh

Sir Julius's Review:
 Four Stars!

I liked this story. It taught me that if I feel sad that it is okay to talk to someone about it. Sometimes I miss my dad when he goes to work too. I was happy that the girl didn't feel sad anymore and that she played with with her dog again. I was starting to feel really bad for him.



Mom's Thoughts:


I really like to find unique stories for kids, and this is one of them. This book could be a great resource for a child that is in therapy, and perhaps feeling awkward about his or her situation. However, it is also a valuable lesson for other children, who may not need therapy, to be sensitive to what their peers may be going through. Overall, I think the author did a great job creating a story on a child's level that promotes compassion and understanding. Well done, Corine! 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you both for your reviews! I am glad you enjoyed the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, Angela. We need more books like this in a world where a lot of kids seem somewhat desensitized. With all of the social media and online access, children need to be reminded about how their actions can hurt their peers' feelings. I highly encourage books like these to be shared because I believe we can teach our kids at a young age about the importance of being kind and accepting of other people's feelings.

    ReplyDelete