Followers

Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Two Knights Review by Sir Isaiah on Face to Face with Leopards by Dereck and Beverly Joubert

Face to Face With Leopards 
By Dereck and Beverly Joubert

Sir Isaiah's Review:

I love big cats and this book was very cool. Mr. and Mrs. Joubert are brave. I would be afraid to be attacked. I hope someday I will be able to hold a baby leopard. While reading this book I learned some amazing facts about leopards. 1) A leopard uses its spots to camouflage themselves. That's when an animal can blend in with its environment. 2) Most leopards avoid humans, but they will attack too protect themselves. 3) Leopards prey on antelope and deer. 4) Leopards are great climbers and swimmers. The swimming part surprised me. I didn't think cats liked water. 5) Leopards can be found in a lot of places. Asia, Africa, and even in Russia. They don't have to live where it is hot all the time. 
I really liked this book. If you want to learn more about leopards then you should definitely check this book out.

Mom's Thoughts:

Isaiah really picked out a great book this time! What an amazing experience for the Jouberts and we learned a lot about these incredible cats. It pleases me when explorers or scientist respect nature when doing their research, and my favorite part was when Mr. Joubert tried to mimic mom's hiss to discourage the baby from jumping into their jeep.  Another important aspect of this story to me was the message of awareness and the decline in the number of leopards that are left. We need to take care of our planet...including the animals. Leopards are beautiful creatures and I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment